Autism Support for Children & Families
Navigating the impact of a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder, or ASD, can be challenging for everyone involved. We recognize that each family member can help your child thrive and succeed. We offer tools and encouragement that unify home life and strengthen family functioning.
Whether you just have concerns, or your child has recently received a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder, STEP can be a guide on the journey ahead. Each child develops at his or her own pace. We take the time to get to know your child’s unique preferences, strengths and needs. Our services are designed to maximize opportunities for progress as your child grows, learns and expands his or her world.
Our experts collaborate with you to provide responsive, structured services. We create and implement a customized program that encourages positive behaviors and enhances your child’s abilities and talents.
Children with Autism Spectrum Disorder may exhibit some or all of the following characteristics:
- Difficulty initiating & maintaining social interactions
- Challenging behaviors at home, in school, or in other environments
- Repetitive or atypical actions
- Resistance to transitions and change
Our certified professionals are experts in offering strategies that are practical, fun and effective in supporting children to:
- Relate with family, peers & others
- Share attention & follow instructions
- Use purposeful two-way communication
- Navigate transitions & change
- Participate in the life of their community & school
Please contact us to visit about the comprehensive programs available.
If you are interested in programs for young adults and adults living with Autism Spectrum Disorder, please get more information here.