Services for Adults
Everyone deserves a quality of life that is meaningful and fulfilling. At STEP, our goal is to empower each person to pursue the goals and achievements that are of value to them. We believe that the community is made stronger and more vibrant when everyone has an opportunity to participate, in whatever capacity they choose. Many adults with disabilities and other challenges have not had opportunities to actively engage in the life of their community.
We help people to identify what is important and of value to them. We support each person to imagine the life they want to have. Then, we work with them to arrange and pursue opportunities for them to pursue that life. Some of the areas we can help with are:
- Creating opportunities for connections within the community
- Identifying leisure interests
- Pursuing recreational opportunities
- Facilitating volunteer opportunities
- Connecting with work or vocational resources
- Fostering safe neighborhoods
- Strengthening friendships & family relationships
- Pursuing civic engagement
- Providing emotional support & encouragement
- Recognizing & enhancing skills
In many cases our trained staff can work one-to-one with adult clients to build specific skills in managing their households, their finances, their health and well-being, and other responsibilities they may have. Our services are provided with the goal of reducing an individual’s dependence on paid staff over time. STEP’s services to adults promote independence and skill development that empower people to create an enriched and vibrant life.
Services may be paid for by state funding, which has specific criteria for eligibility. Using information you provide, we can determine if the requirements for this funding apply to your circumstances. If state funding is not right for you, we will work with you to identify other payment options. Please contact us for more information.