Children & Families
Family-Centered Programs and Supports
STEP collaborates with your family and honors your values and preferences. Empowering your family with knowledge, resources and encouragement, we assist families to step forward and reach their greatest potential. We believe that the best place for children to flourish is in the family. Every child develops at his or her own pace. Our initial and on-going assessments will help identify how your child is doing in key areas. We provide emotional support, coordination of services, and resources that are relevant to your unique circumstances.
Our goal is to empower you and your child to achieve the personal growth and change you seek. Services are provided in the home or other community settings by qualified, professional staff. Our certified Family Support Specialists are your guides to encouraging your child’s growth and well-being.
- Child development & growth
- Developmental delays & disabilities
- Teaching & skill-building strategies
- Autism & autism spectrum disorders
- Behavior analysis & teaching
- Service coordination & case management
- Transition to adulthood
Plans may include:
- Teaching strategies for the family to use during the natural routines of the day.
- Addressing techniques for reshaping a child’s behaviors.
- Locating & pursuing community activities, therapies, or recreational opportunities.
In some cases, a trained support aide is available to work directly with you and your child in your home. STEP’s comprehensive plans include family and child-centered interventions and supports that are consistent with best practices in the field. Contact us to visit about the comprehensive programs and services we can offer your child and family.
Many services we provide are referred to by the titles assigned by various funding sources, such as:
- Evaluation and Consultation Clinic
- Early Intervention Services (Montana Milestones Part C)
- Family Education and Support (Full, Limited, and Networking)
- Children’s Medicaid Waiver Service
- Children’s Autism Waiver Service
- Supported Leisure and Activities
- Children’s Community Home
If you have concerns, or your child has recently received a diagnosis of Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), please visit our Programs for children and families living with Autism Spectrum Disorder for more specific information.