Children grow and develop best when supportive services like STEP’s are incorporated into the family’s usual routines and learning opportunities. We empower your family with knowledge, resources, and skills to find the avenues for success that work best for you. We recognize that each family member can help your child thrive and succeed.
STEP uses a supportive coaching strategy to help you identify and achieve your goals for your child and family. Our services are designed to maximize opportunities for progress as your child grows, learns and expands their understanding of the world around them. You choose how frequently we work with you, and the method (for example, in-person, virtual, or both) that suits your family. For families who would like our trained staff to work one-to-one with their child, we can offer that service in various settings, including our Afterschool Program in Billings.
STEP services can help you to:
- Further understand your child’s development and unique needs
Increase your family’s knowledge about how your child will develop and grow
- Create and accomplish a plan to make progress toward the goals you set for your child
- Build on your family’s capacity to incorporate effective teaching strategies into your everyday routines
- Shape your child’s social skills, adaptive skills, and behaviors
- Support your child to participate in the life of their community and school
- Prepare for successful transitions and change
- Enhance your child’s overall well-being
- Reduce the negative effects of stress on your family and your child
- Increase your awareness of resources in the community
- Expand your knowledge of your rights and opportunities to advocate for your child
- Provide you with information and resources for diagnoses including, but not limited to, Autism Spectrum Disorder, Cerebral Palsy, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders, Fragile X Syndrome, Down Syndrome, Traumatic Brain Injury