You choose how you work with us, and the method (for example, in-person, virtual, or both) that best suits your family.
We empower your family with knowledge, resources, and skills to find the avenues for success that work best for you. We recognize that each family member can help your child thrive and succeed.
STEP services can help you to:
- Further understand your child’s development and unique needs
Increase your family’s knowledge about how your child will develop and grow
- Create and accomplish a plan to make progress toward the goals you set for your child
- Build on your family’s capacity to incorporate effective teaching strategies into your everyday routines
- Shape your child’s social skills, adaptive skills, and behaviors
- Support your child to participate in the life of their community and school
- Prepare for successful transitions and change
- Enhance your child’s overall well-being
- Reduce the negative effects of stress on your family and your child
- Increase your awareness of resources in the community
- Expand your knowledge of your rights and opportunities to advocate for your child
The State of Montana Department of Public Health and Human Services (DPHHS) pays for many of these services.
The DPHHS refers to their funding for these services as Family Education & Support, or as Home & Community Based Services Comprehensive Waiver.